Ross Valley Nursery School’s thoughtfully designed facility reflects the school’s philosophy of emphasizing self-esteem, dramatic play, creative expression, intellectual development, group relationships, and growth of physical abilities.
The interior features stimulating and interesting elements for preschool-age children, including an art room, a blocks room, a library area, a piano, and plenty of spaces for pretend play.
Outside there is a partially covered play space so that children can play outside most days of the year. The outdoor space includes a climbing structure, an extensive sand area with a waterfall, sinks for water play, a fleet of tricycles, a see-saw, a tire swing, and both grassy and soft-paved areas.
The facility has received many improvements in since 2016 school year, including the following:
- New outdoor play structure
- New roof
- New flooring
- New gravel play area
- New cabinets in the interior and exterior play space
- New lighting in the block room and middle room
- Refresh of the children's bathrooms
- Refresh of the adult bathroom
- New fencing and side yard gate
- New gutters and down spouts
- New playhouse
- Refinished outdoor tables
- New office chairs and windows
- New sump pump
- Refresh of existing sheds and built new adult shed
- Replacement of electrical sockets and repair of electrical panel
- New duct work