Ross Valley Nursery School opened its doors as St. John’s Nursery School at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Ross on September 11, 1951. Five years later the school moved to a summer cottage located on Redwood Drive, and the school changed its name to Ross Valley Nursery School. The facility was small and the school experienced the growing pains of success – a search for a larger facility began!
In 1968 the trustees purchased the current property at 689 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard, and the abandoned house on the property was transformed into the exceptional facility we know today. With the assistance of parents, teachers, and friends, Ross Valley Nursery School opened its doors at its current location on September 26, 1968.
Many years have passed since the school’s early beginnings, yet it is amazing how little has changed at Ross Valley Nursery School. The teachers are as dedicated and passionate about early childhood education, and the children are as joyful and enthusiastic as ever